TSA is Recruiting a Program Coordinator for the Educational Achievement Program Area
Use your professional skills to make a positive social impact!
If you want to help improve the lives of thousands of children and if you are looking for a dynamic context where you will be encouraged to lead, to contribute your perspective and opinion, and to develop your unique talent, then the Trust for Social Achievement is the place for you.
We are looking for a new colleague to join our Educational Achievement team as a Program Coordinator.
The Trust for Social Achievement is a non-profit organization working in Bulgaria. We want to help create a world where every person has the opportunity to reach their full potential. Systemic poverty and exclusion have created deep achievement gaps in Bulgarian society. This is especially apparent in vulnerable communities like the Roma community. We are adopting a targeted, but not explicit, approach to helping these communities succeed. We support projects in a variety of program areas, including early childhood development, education, employment, and housing. We believe that every person in Bulgaria has the potential to positively contribute to Bulgaria's future. TSA has identified key moments that are making a real difference in helping to break the cycle of poverty for disadvantaged communities. Our work starts with the family foundation (the home), and continues throughout a child's early development, education, entry to the labor market, and eventual transformation into a role model and inspiration for the next generation of youth. To achieve our long-term vision, the Trust looks for gaps and obstacles hindering the progress of disadvantaged communities. We then rigorously evaluate and demonstrate "what works" and seek to deliver lessons to key stakeholders to improve public policies and to gain larger scale. Over the past ten years, we have supported more than 650 projects and partnered with over 100 nongovernmental organizations throughout Bulgaria to reach more than 350 000 beneficiaries from under-served communities.
The Coordinator will have primary responsibility in the following areas:
- Administer and manage grants and projects, including all stages of project management –review, approval, monitoring, reporting, and final assessment;
- Keep information and documentation in the grants management system and all electronic and physical folders up-to-date;
- Complete any other administrative tasks necessary for the smooth processing of grant administration;
- Log incoming grantee reports and ensure completeness of reporting package; ensure that documentation has been submitted by grantees to support reported results;
- Keep track of the process of data collection and verification and related project deadlines and communicate proactively with partner NGOs to resolve any related issues;
- Draft annexes, grant agreements, and grant award letters;
- Provide logistical support for training of partner NGOs and events connected to project promotion and advocacy;
- Organize trips, take the lead on logistics and preparation of materials for trainings, including communication with expected participants;
- Seek better ways to store, analyze and present data: keep and update databases of grantees and beneficiaries;
- Ensure results and activities are communicated: draft presentations for board of directors, team trainings and events, donors and contacts, and deliver presentations in front of small crowds, prepare website summaries and short success stories;
- Communicate confidently, concisely and proficiently with grantees, partners, donors, and institutions in both oral and written English and Bulgarian;
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting: proactively manage reporting cycle, gather team feedback and resolve challenges, provide feedback to grantees and elevate situations if necessary, ensure contract partners receive payments timely;
- Become a subject matter expert by seeking out relevant learning opportunities, and proactively looking for ways to apply new content to program goals; incorporating new learning into capacity building for grantees;
- Facilitate opportunities to share best practices and develop local knowledge;
- Manage relationships with grantees and potential grantees including monitoring grantee progress toward their stated objectives;
- Provide any other assistance required during project implementation to meet the EDU program goals.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful applicant must be a motivated, detail-oriented, creative, problem solver who takes ownership of their work results. Key attributes of the applicant should include: energetic, independent, well organized, efficient, resourceful, reliable and punctual, and able to work cooperatively in a team environment.
Required qualifications and skills include:
- University degree in relevant field;
- Experience in the field of education is an advantage;
- Superior interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively;
- Sound logic, critical thinking, good data organization skills;
- Fluency in both English and Bulgarian;
- At least 2 years’ experience in assisting in the administration of multiple projects;
- Ability to organize own workload, set priorities, and resolve problems with minimal supervision;
- Close attention to follow-up and detail;
- Ability to administer several tasks simultaneously;
- Proven skills at time-management and organization;
- Resourcefulness, and flexibility; ability to work both independently and as a part of a team;
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.);
- Willingness to travel up to 30 percent of the time;
- Interest in improving the economic condition of the disadvantaged, especially Roma;
- Unquestionable ethics and personal integrity
Compensation and Benefits
We are offering a competitive remuneration package that is commensurate with experience, including standard benefits and flexible policies, a significant investment in your professional growth, and an energetic and professional working environment. This is a full-time labor contract position.