The "Give a Fairy Tale" campaign, organized in support of the families from the Nurse-Family Partnership Program in Bulgaria has officially ended. With the help of all like-minded people who supported us, we managed to collect over 650 books and offered a nice surprise for the Christmas holidays to over 100 families from Sofia and Plovdiv.
First of all, the campaign was aimed at finding new supporters of our efforts in the field of early childhood development and the patronage services for families at risk. Secondly, the campaign was aimed at promoting the idea and inspiring more parents to pay attention to early reading and storytelling. And of course, we wanted to surprise the young children covered by the Nurse-Family Partnership Program in Bulgaria for the Christmas holidays.
For a period of one month, we kept getting books and other donations from all over Bulgaria - from Veliko Tarnovo, Balgarevo, Plovdiv, Varna, Burgas, Tutrakan, Stara Zagora, Blagoevgrad, Svishtov, Sofia and Svoge, as well as from our friends from Alicante in Spain.
The media interest in the campaign surpassed our expectations. We were invited by a number of radio programs and Internet media to provide more information about the "Give a Fairy Tale" campaign and the work of the family nurses.
Here are some of the highlights of the 2020 "Give a Fairy Tale" campaign, which you can follow at #podariprikazka on Facebook:
- the videos of parents or young children reading their favorite stories and sharing the love of early childhood reading;
- the books donated by the Todorovi family who supported the "Give a Fairy Tale" campaign by asking their wedding guest to bring books as wedding gifts;
- the carefully selected children’s books we received from Mama Gush, along with beautiful hand-knitted baby blankets which brought festive coziness to a number of families;
- the books collected by the children from the groups "Fireflies" and "Zvezditsa" in “Dessislava“ Kindergarten in Plovdiv, as well as the interesting videos with stories and collages, which they shared with us;
- the books and wishes sent by the children and teachers from “Drenov” Kindergarten in Svoge;
- the books sent by the students from the volunteer club at the American College in Sofia, as well as by the students and parents from Izzi Science for Kids Primary School;
- the beautiful books, selected and purchased by the girls representing the Federation of Autonomous Roma Associations (FAGA) in the city of Alicante, that travelled from Spain to Sofia;
- the photos of the young readers and their new books that we received from the family nurses and the campaign field staff.
Thanks to everyone who took part in the campaign "Give a Tale" 2020 and made it a success, and see you soon!